You will be picked up at your Hotel early in the moring, riding on a comfortable AC van towards Puntarenas Port and stop at our Restaurant. After a typical hot breakfast, you will board Manta Raya at Calypso’s private dock for the 90-minute ride across the beautiful Gulf of Nicoya. Yacht Manta Raya has been designed to pull right up on the beach for easy and safe landing. You can relax and have a wonderful day at the beautiful white sand beach of Tortuga Island as well as enjoy our free activities to choose from snorkeling or banana boat ride.
In the afternoon, after Calypso’s guaranteed 5 hours at Tortuga Island, your Captain will take you to see many of the protected islands in the Gulf of Nicoya: Cedros Island, Jesusita Island, the bird sanctuary of Guayabo Island, Sugarloaf Island, Gypsy Island and the now closed maximum security prison of San Lucas Island for a TOUR OF DISCOVERY unique to Calypso Cruises, on the return trip to Puntarenas and Casa Calypso.
Teenagers (7 - 17 years old)
Children (4 - 6 years old)
- Comfortable bus transportation with A/C.
- Bilingual guides, ICT certified (ICT – Costa Rican Tourism Institute).
- Departure from our private dock after enjoying a hot typical Costa Rican breakfast served in Calypso’s restaurant.
- Cruise the beautiful Gulf of Nicoya to Tortuga Island onboard Calypso’s catamaran Manta Raya in ONLY 90 minutes.
- Delicious tropical fruits served on board Manta Raya.
- Enjoy the Snorkeling Excursion and Banana Boat ride at NO EXTRA COST.
- A four-course gourmet lunch is served on tables each set with white linen under the shade of umbrellas and giant parachutes for a “Casual Elegant” dining experience.
- Live music, Marimba Trio (the musical instrument unique to Costa Rica).
- Guaranteed 5 HOURS on Tortuga Island.
- Unlimited soft drinks and fruit juice, beach chairs, hammocks, volley ball court and slack line.
- Calypso’s Bar serves tropical drink favorites at reasonable prices on board Manta Raya and at Tortuga Island.
- Calypso’s bathrooms – Private for our passengers only.
- TOUR OF DISCOVERY – An afternoon cruise of exploration around 7 islands in the Gulf of Nicoya.
- ‘Snap Shots’ of our passengers are taken during the day and posted on Calypso’s websites & Facebook with easy download. This service is unique to Calypso.
What to bring!
When on a Calypso Cruise it is important to remember to bring with you the necessary items that will help you have an enjoyable trip. Below is a list of suggested items.
- Casual clothes
- Bathing suit or shorts
- Sunblock and hat
- Sunglasses and Camera
- Tight fitting hat
- Light weight long sleeved shirt
- Rubber sandals, tennis or boat shoes
- Don’t forget to pack towels
- Extra Cash for: alcoholic beverages, optional tours, souvenirs, tips